Life Application: What are the greatest doubts in my life right now? What are my greatest doubts when it comes to God? Am I willing to name them? Which story has the greatest hold on my life and influences my decisions the most? How can God use my doubts to strengthen my faith? In the midst of my doubts, what will allow me to feel the touch of Jesus or hear the voice of Jesus in my life right now? How much of a role do life groups, scripture, and prayer play in my life right now?
Life Application: How can the reality of hell deepen my love for God?
- Upon what am I tempted to build my identity? What step can I take to more firmly build my identity upon Christ?
- Do I need to trust that God will make all things right and give up seeking vengeance for a wrong that was done to me or someone I love?
“He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.” Colossians 1:17
Life Application: 12 Ways Ordinary People Can Love Orphans
3) Celebrate Orphan Sunday Annually
4) Become a volunteer Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) for children
6) Become a volunteer Safe Family
7) Offer practical aid to foster/adoptive families
8) If you have a specialized skill, considering offering it to adoptive/foster families
9) Raise Financial Support
10) Conduct culturally sensitive mission trips with clear objectives
11) Establish an ongoing church ministry as one church or partnering with others
12) Facilitate a church culture open to loving/supporting orphans and families
Life Application: What parts of the Bible are the hardest for me to accept? What parts speak the most to me? How engaged am I in God’s Word? Do I read it daily? Weekly? Monthly? Never? How can I take my next step to be more in God’s Word? Consider exploring the YouVersion Bible App. Am I willing to trust the Bible in such a way that my heart begins to “burn within me?” What would it take for this to happen?
Life Application: Who have I hurt? Am I willing to confess this to God? How do I show favoritism? Who can I pray for who has been hurt or disappointed by the church?
“Whole-hearted faithfulness to God will always require of us whole-hearted faithfulness to the least of Jesus’ brothers and sisters: to orphans and widows, to our naked, hungry neighbors, to wounded and broken left-behind bystanders”. ~AKM Adam, Oxford University
Life Application: What question is my biggest obstacle when it comes to understanding Jesus as the truth? What question most helps me understand Jesus as the truth? Do I see questions more as obstacles or opportunities? Why do you think Jesus asked so many questions? What is a question in your life that you would most love answered? How am I testing what is true? What question can I ask that will help me discover the truth? Will you ask Jesus to reveal His truth in your life this week?