Pray: Outreaching, barrier-breaking, expansive Holy Spirit of the living, Resurrected God… In the model of the book of Acts today, shake us up and move us out from the cozy confines of this congregation so that we might fully enjoy being part of your gospel movement. And remind us, nothing holds you back—nothing—because ALL people, anywhere in this city and on this globe, are welcomed in your loving embrace
No matter what is going on in your life, God will always find a way to lead us through it.
Life Application: Where in life do we need the courage to be first? How can I journey with someone going through a difficult time right now? What has God provided me to use for His glory?
Life Application: How can I be a hero to someone by being a true friend this week and beyond? How can I meet others in the crossroads of life? How can I be a committed friend and not just a convenient one? How can I sacrifice for a friend?
Action Point: This week commit to making at least one sacrifice for a friend.
1) Do I care about those around me? Does my heart hurt for those around me hurting? What one, small, but significant step can I take this week?
2) Am I engaging prayer on a regular basis? How?
3) Is God using me to bring joy to others? How? How can God use me to bring more joy to others? What is one tangible way I can do this, this week?
- Heroes overcome barriers to move into the future. What obstacles are before me that I need to give to God and remember that God is bigger than?
- Heroes are not chained by the past. What part of my past do I need to let go of in order to be who God wants me to be? What action can I take in faith today to be used by God?
Pray: Lord, remind me that you specialize in using broken, ordinary people—like me—to be heroes.