July 7, 2019
1) Do I care about those around me? Does my heart hurt for those around me hurting? What one, small, but significant step can I take this week?
2) Am I engaging prayer on a regular basis? How?
3) Is God using me to bring joy to others? How? How can God use me to bring more joy to others? What is one tangible way I can do this, this week?
July 1, 2019
Life Application: Do one thing this week that benefits someone else and pushes you out of your comfort zone.
June 24, 2019
- Heroes overcome barriers to move into the future. What obstacles are before me that I need to give to God and remember that God is bigger than?
- Heroes are not chained by the past. What part of my past do I need to let go of in order to be who God wants me to be? What action can I take in faith today to be used by God?
Pray: Lord, remind me that you specialize in using broken, ordinary people—like me—to be heroes.
June 17, 2019
If we could realize, live into, and share who we really are as children of God, what would happen? What are you waiting for?
June 10, 2019
Life Application: How are you experiencing the reality of the Holy Spirit in your life? Where are you seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, and feeling the touch of the presence of Jesus in your life? Who will you commit to nudging in Jesus Christ? What needs to happen in, at, and through First Church in order to see the Lord add daily among us those who are being saved in the love of Jesus?
Pray: “Come, Holy Spirit, Come…”
June 10, 2019
Life Application: Pay attention to your next meal. Where is Jesus in that meal? How can I taste and see Jesus when I share in communion? Who is someone that is not currently connected with a church that I would be willing to invite to a meal at my house in the next month? Just to get to know better and nudge in the love of Jesus? Write down that name and begin praying for them. Would I be willing to share a meal with this person on a regular basis?
May 28, 2019
Life Application: Who is someone this week you can see with double vision? Write that name down. Pray for them. How can you nudge them this week? Do we see others as Jesus sees them? Do others see Jesus in us?
Action Point: Make it a prayer this week every day to pray: Lord, today help me to see what you see.
May 20, 2019
Give God thanks
- Say “Thank you” to God every day.
- Write down 3 things for which we are thankful every day.
- Ask someone to be your accountability partner and help you practice thanksgiving more and complaining and criticizing less.
Ask someone you respect and who knows you well
- When do I smell like Jesus?
- When do you see me making a ‘sacrifice of thanksgiving’ that you believe is a pleasing aroma of Christ?’”
May 13, 2019
Life Application: How you listening to Jesus? In what ways are you seeking to pay attention? Are you and Jesus on the same frequency? Are you giving ear to God’s call in your life? How much are you and the Holy Spirit resonating with one another? In what ways this week can you get: Tuned up to God? Tuned in to Jesus? And tuned to be sent out in the Holy Spirit? Who will you nudge this week with the sound of Jesus?
Action Points: Take five minutes at some point during your week to listen. Share on the First Church Williamsport Community Group what you hear!
May 6, 2019
Life Application: Who is someone significant in your life that has touched your life? Who is it right now you would most like to embrace in a big hug? How has Jesus touched my life? What would it look like to invite His healing touch in my life? Have I experienced the embrace of Christ in my life? How can I offer the touch of Christ to others? Who can I nudge this week by offering the touch of Christ? Who in my life do I need to be paying attention to?